Sunday, October 26, 2008

There Will Be A Day

Andrew Joseph Chappon
March 21, 1980- October 23, 2008

I feel like I am drowning in the brokenness of this world. All that I have to hold onto is Jesus and the hope of eternity with Him. I found out on Friday that a good friend of mine passed away on Thursday Oct. 23. Even as I write this blog entry I am still in complete shock. I wish someone could just pinch me really hard and I could wake up from this horrible dream. Praise God that we can have hope that one day there will be no more brokenness.

“There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, no more fears.
There will be a day when the burdens of this place will be no more; we’ll see Jesus face to face.
But until that day we will hold on to you always.” Jeremy Camp

I look forward to the day when I will stand before Jesus with my friend Andy and we will bow down before our Savior together. Until then my dear friend you will be missed greatly.




4 comments:

Karen said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray for God's comfort in your greiving and loss.

KJP said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Though of little solace at the time is the knowledge we will be rejoined in Heaven with our loved ones.

I really hate the loss of those so young to death.....

harryk said...

I am very sorry for the grief that you and others are experiencing in the death of Andrew. I pray that it will help to remember…

"Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord…" (Rev 14:13)

"…and one of them (sparrows) shall not fall on the ground without your Father." (Mat 10:29) "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Mat 10:31)

"But there shall not an hair of your head perish." (Luke 21:18)

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Cor 1:3-4)

May you have opportunity to comfort others who are grieving and in so doing receive comfort yourself from the God of all comfort.
Harry

Jean Marie Elkins said...

My heart is broken for Drew's friends and family. I am an old friend who had not spoken to Drew in a few years, but genuinely cared about him, none the less. He was a unique and wonderful man who had so much promise and potential. Sadly, I learned of his passing by trying to reconnect with him on myspace. It would mean the world to me and ease my mind if you could tell me what happened to our friend. It would be inappropriate for me to contact his friends or family. His fiance especially must be shattered; my heart is so broken for her especially. Please let me know if there is a way for me to donate to help the family with costs.
Thank you and God bless,
missing my friend