Thursday, June 4, 2009

Praise God For Rain!!!


I have now been in Mundri for 5 weeks. I arrived at the beginning of what should have been the rainy season, however in the last 5 weeks we have had only 5 good rains. Today marks the 5th and let me tell you it is some SERIOUS rain. This is the kind of rain that keeps you from moving. People run into their houses and find cover until the rain stops. We just spent the last 30 min. running around putting everything undercover. Running from house to tukul to make sure water wasn’t getting inside. Christine and Larissa have been frantically trying to keep their tent from blowing away. They may be flooring it in the Masso house tonight :o(. I have a lovely stream of water flowing under the door of my tukul and forming a puddle in the middle of the floor. This is when I am thankful I have a dirt floor because then the water just soaks in. Even though we are sopping wet, our feet our covered in mud, and sleeping areas are becoming boggy we are praising God for this much needed rain and laughing at the sight of ourselves. Even as I type this I laugh as I watch Larissa standing in her yellow poncho making a cup of hot cocoa. That’s right it actually feels cold enough to drink hot coco and tea!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

thank God for the rain! Fun fun fun, don't get your foot stuck in the mud! lol.