Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On my Way

I am amazed at how travel can be so tiring when all you do is sit on a plane for hours on end. I headed to the airport yesterday morning at 6:30am thankful that the disruptions from the Iceland volcano are no longer an issue. However, when my taxi pulled up to the airport I noticed an extremely long line overflowing out the doors and onto the sidewalk. I have never seen this and my first thought was that the flight was just extremely full because of people still trying to get home from the ash cloud disruption. It wasn't until I was inside and halfway through the line that we were told computers were down and they were checking everyone in manually. I couldn't help but think...only in Uganda. The flight ended up being delayed 3 hours as they made sure everyone was checked in and had a seat. I was actually pretty surprised that there was only a small handful of people who were given the same seat number. It was an amusing experience, but probably wouldn't have been if I had missed a flight connection because of it. Thankfully I had an overnight in London and got good rest after a long day. I get on my next flight in a few hours and will arrive in Seattle in the early evening. I look forward to seeing many and joining my friend Michelle as she counts down the days until her wedding.

1 comment:

Andrew W. said...

Hey Kim,

I really enjoy reading your blogs. I was there in November and your team served us desert on thanksgiving. I really miss being away from there and look forward to getting back soon. Thank you for being obedient to the scriptures and serving the people of Sudan everyday. I continue to pray for you and your team.
Your brother in Christ,
Andrew Whitehead
awhitehead@brookhills.org