Friday, April 23, 2010

Progress and Preparation

There are now walls and a roof on the dukul that is soon to shelter Bethany and myself. I have never had a home built specifically for me. Bethany and I have had good times imagining how we want to decorate and place furniture. I look forward to having a space of my own that I can uniquely personalize.

The dry season in Sudan is slowly coming to an end. People are now beginning to prepare for the rain by gathering their seeds and clearing their land. Last Sunday at church everyone brought some of their seeds and placed them near the front. To begin the service we all went outside and began praying around the church, reading scripture and asking God to bless the land. During the service the pastor also held up one of the baskets full of seeds and asked God to bless them and use them to provide food and nurishment for His children in Mundri. At the end of the service Bethany and I were given some seeds to take home. We hope to plant some of them in our team garden and taste a little more of Moru culture and life.

No comments: