Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hello Snow!

I knew I was in for a climate change arriving back in the U.S. in November, but I thought I would have a few weeks before the freezing temps would hit. Instead as I got off the plane last week I was welcomed by 37 degree wind. And then just days later a fun blanket of early winter snow. It is hard to imagine that just a couple of weeks ago I was sleeping under just a thin sheet and now at every house I visit I look for the seat that has a near by blanket to wrap in. I am thankful for gloves, sweaters, warm boots, and very thankful that my mom does not mind blasting the heat. Some are saying we are in for a harsh winter, but for Seattle that could mean just a few inches of snow on the ground :o). I don't mind having an excuse to stay in the warm house drinking hot tea and just enjoying its simplicity.

No comments: