Saturday, May 3, 2008

And I Am Off Again

Two weeks in counting! On May 17th I will be heading to Philly for a couple of days before leaving on the 19th for Uganda. Time has gone by so quickly. I am leaving so thankful for the good times I have had in the last 5 months in Seattle and I will miss everyone. But at the same time, I am SUPER excited to return to Uganda. I will be in Uganda for about two months and then I will return to Seattle before I take off again. Even though I returning to many changes and some sad things will hit me once again, I am looking forward to those stretching moments. My desire for dependency on the Lord is great and I know that I can't get through even a day of life in Bundi without the strength of Jesus. I am already smiling as I think about what it is going to be like to see my neighbors again, to visit the pottery house, to be in the schools again, to reunite with team mates, and to begin new relationships. I know that it will not be an easy summer and so I need your prayers. Not only will I be responsible for my own time and schedule, but also the activities and schedules of 3 other people. With responsibilities comes the temptation to be prideful, self-sufficient, too caught up in reputation, a people pleaser, etc. Pray that I would listen to the voice of Jesus and trust the Spirit to lead. I will try my level best to update this blog with both the joys and struggles of my summer in Bundi and more specifics on how you can be praying.

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is A God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18

"The way to serve God so that He gets the glory is to look to Him for mercy. Prayer prevents service from being an expression of pride." John Piper

No comments: