Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Arrived!!!

I have arrived in Uganda after a very long journey and mulitple nights of little sleep. The Entebbe airport has improved a lot since I was last through there. There is actually a real baggage claim now. As I stood waiting for my luggage I partly expected it not to be there since that has happened to me mulitple times. This time though I am happy to say that all three of my bags arrived. I was greeted at the airport by three of my teammates. It is amazing how even though I have been away for 5 months, it feels like I never left. Once I arrived at my Kampala accomodation I was greeted by more friendly faces from both the staff and more teammates. My next few days I will be trying to get over jetlag, shopping for the summer supplies, and starting preparations for the summer interns. Saturday I will leave Kampala and head back to Bundibugyo. Thank you for praying for my travels. They really did go as smoothly as could be expected.

2 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Glad to hear you made it there safely with all your luggage!! Miss you already

Unknown said...

Kim - so glad that you are back! I am sure the team is thankful for your return. I look forward to reading your stories and hearing more about your adventures! I'll be at A&O next week excitedly talking about Uganda and Sudan!!!