Monday, June 23, 2008

A few pics from the week

This last week at St. Padre Pio one of the interns and I took some time to sit with the students during their break time. Each day they are given about a 30 min. break to eat porage and rest. I enjoyed just being surrounded by the students and their bright curious faces.

A couple of days a week I have been going out into the villages to conduct a survey on primary education. These children were at one of the homes that I stopped at last week, and it was the first time they had ever seen a digital camera. I sometimes wonder what must go through someone's head when they see themselves on the little screen. These children could not stop laughing and jumping.


This last Saturday some of us went on a hike up the mountains. We ended up getting caught in a rain storm, which felt good at first and then a little miserable after a short time. Although it is a pretty strenuous hike and I am still stiff and sore, it is worth every step. I can't even begin to describe the beauty of walking in the forest, looking accross the valleys towards the other mountains in Congo, looking down at the villages, and at one point being surrounded by bamboo.

No comments: