Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Journey Continues

I am thankful that the Lord called me back to Bundibugyo, even for a short time. That short time is now over and the Lord is calling me to move on to other things. The interns left Uganda this morning and should be arriving in London in the next couple of hours. I will leave Uganda on Friday and until then take some time to relax at our "home away from home" in Kampala. I am thankful that my team mate Heidi is in Kampala for an internship. This means as I sit around, reflect, rest, and wait for my departure on Friday I will be in good company and blessed with good and helpful conversations.
I will not be going straight back to Seattle from here. I will first go to Ireland for a spiritual retreat and some touring around with my mother and grandmother. Then I will spend some time in Philly. It will be 3 weeks of moving around and living out of a duffle bag, but I am sure that it will be worth the good and stretching times that come. I will be updating my blog when I can along the way. I look forward to seeing some of you when I can finally settle down for a bit again.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Can't wait to live out of a duffel bag with you for a bit! Dublin, Philly, NYC-yeah for more traveling adventures together. Praying for your goodbyes and processing time. Hope you feel the steadfast love of the Lord in midst of lots of moving around. Love, Bethany

KJP said...

Enjoy Ireland, I love to visit there - hated working there though!

Give my love to Cork, should you be through there...