Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Thrill of the Ride

I hope I am one of those people who continue to enjoy the thrills of vertical drops well into my golden years.
This past weekend I went camping in northern Idaho with two friends that I have known since 3rd grade. It was a carefree weekend full of fun, excitement, and lots of laughter. With a lot of history comes a lot of reminiscing. We have walked through many seasons of life together, from curious childhood to awkward adolescence. We have walked together through those confusing times of figuring out who we are and who we want to become. And now here we are and even though we still don't have everything figured out, we grasp onto the moments when we can enjoy the thrill of the ride.This weekend I was reminded again how I have been blessed with great friends. Friends who I have truly experienced life with, both the good and the bad, and through it all we have watched one another grow. It is weekends like this, when you are pulled out of the routines of daily life, that you can truly kickback and really enjoy what is right in front of you.
I still don't know what the next few months are going to look like let alone the next week, but I am ready to take one day on at a time. Bring on the rollercoasters!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kim-

I really enjoyed this post and resonate with the thankfulness for friends. I'm glad you had the time to spend with your friends, and I hope you have many more chances to do the same. I'll hopefully see you soon in Washington!