Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Neediness

For those of you who know me, you know that I do not like to come across as a needy person. I would much rather be that person who helps the needy, the one who steps up and does things for others, the person that people can always count on. So, here I am in the middle of raising support for southern Sudan and there is no way around displaying my neediness. This last week though I realized that raising support is not just about my need for prayer and financial support. Don’t get me wrong, those are very important and I won’t be able to go to Sudan without support from individuals and churches, but support raising is first and foremost about my need for Jesus. The Lord does not need me to write e-mails/letters or to make phone calls. The only need is my own. The Lord knows my need and He is more than capable to provide without my help. But yet He invites me to walk with Him because through this invitation my faith will increase. It is very possible that with each e-mail and phone call my monthly support may not increase at all. But what will increase is my dependence and trust in the Lord. When I finally do reach 100% of my support it will be because He is the Ultimate Provider. I will continue to walk with my Father because I know that through each e-mail, phone call, or meeting I am reminded of my need for Him. I want to embrace these opportunities to express my neediness and to hold tight to the truth that without Jesus it would all be pointless. So, today I thank Jesus for my neediness. And I continue to pray that through my neediness and weakness I would become more and more aware of His strength and Almighty Presence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen. I agree wiht you completely. As a fellow supoort raiser, it was nice to hear your words today, Kim. I too often need reminding that its all about Jesus, not me.