Saturday, September 18, 2010

Experiencing Bundibugyo with James

I had a wonderful time taking James around Kampala and then going the 7 to 8 hour ride to Bundi. We took public transportation whicho consisted of the Kalita bus, a matatu (15 passenger seat van that turns into at least a 20 passenger vehicle) and then a small car from Bundi town to Nyahuka. I am thankful for the blessing of being able to return to Bundibugyo. This visit was even more special as I showed James around this place that is very dear to my heart and introduced him to friends. People hooped and cheered when we told them we are to be married next year. James fit right in as you will see below.

Enjoying chicken on a stick from Mubende or otherwise known as the "in your face chicken place."

One of our visits in Bundi was to the pottery house. A home many of you may remember me sharing about. I spent many days and even some nights with the women and children who live at this home. James didn't waist anytime and jumped right in to play with the kids. Above you will notice him trying to teach the children how to juggle.

My dear friend Adija. She has such a kind heart. She prepared us a nice meal of rice and eggs. She welcomed James and now even refers to him as her grandson since I am like her granddaughter.

In the pictures below are 3 young teens who befriended me when I first arrived in Bundi. Of course at that time though they were young kids. They have grown so much and I am thankful to still be a part of their lives and now for James to know them as well.


On the way back from Bundi to Kampala we took the luxurious option of hiring our own driver. This allowed us to stop whenever we wanted and take pics of Uganda's beautiful scenery. My friend Amina traveled with us both ways. Here we all are standing in the Fort Portal tea fields. I could not have asked for a better trip to Bundi. It was great to see the team who welcomed us so graciously and to be reminded that God is still moving and working in a place that has seen so much change and transition.





1 comment:

The Hale's said...

I am so glad James was able to come out there and you were able to get to share so much with him. What a special thing to have.