Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back in Mundri

I am thankful for my time away in Uganda. And as I said in previous blog entries I couldn't have asked for a better time in Bundibugyo. My time ended with 6 days in Kampala where I attended a wedding of an old teammate of mine from Bundibugyo who married a Ugandan that used to teach at Christ School, went to church with some friends to Calvary Chapel Kampala, and spent 3 long days in town most of which were dedicated to getting my work permit. I left Uganda a little more exhausted than I expected to be but I am thankful that I did get my work permit and time with friends I won't see for awhile. I am now very glad to be back in Mundri. I have had some time to rest, visit neighbors, and go to the Parish school. Next Monday I will go and spend a week with my language helper and her family. I told her that I wanted to be treated as a family member and not a visitor during my stay. We'll see what happens. I look forward to being immersed in the culture and language for a longer period, learning how to cook local food, and helping dig in the garden. I know through this week I will gain new perspectives on Moru living.

No comments: