Monday, August 3, 2009

The Lord Sustains Relationships

I could not have asked for a better time in Bundibugyo. Heading into Bundi last week I thought 3 full days is never going to be long enough to reconnect with friends. But of course God is great and faithful. Even though there are many people who live in the area of Bundi where the mission is based, it is not surprising to meet a familiar face on the road. But then with each new day I ran into more and more people and they became people I never expected to see with my limited time. On Wednesday evening after returning from a bike ride to the pottery house I ran into a girl who used to come and visit me almost every day, but then went off to Secondary school in a town on the other side of the mountains. Right before I saw her I had just passed her house and thought to myself’ ‘I wonder how she is doing?’ And then wham there she was. She now attends a school that is on the Bundibugyo side of the mountains but still a good distance away. Somehow the message got passed to her that I was around and she walked that good distance just to come and greet me. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much because I was so ecstatic over her visit. This is just one example of how the Lord truly blessed my time in Bundi. The Lord also used these reconnections to show me that he can sustain relationships even through distance and different cultures. I am so thankful for each moment spent with the many I love in this place that is still a home to me.




No comments: