Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Making Bread

Yesterday I went to the local bakery to help make bread. Well actually when I say bakery I mean a little open shack and a locally made brick oven. A place where a few hundred round pieces of bread are made for the consumption of hungry customers at two local restaurants. The bread making process starts right at sun up and the last piece of bread is pulled out of the oven 5 or so hours later. Acacia, Larissa, and I helped roll the dough into little balls which later got patted down into flat circles. The whole process was pretty fascinating and the bread tastes phenomenal. I may not be able to communicate well with our Arabic speaking friends with my very very limited Arabic, but we can still laugh together and teach one another new things. Below are some pictures of the bread making process.












1 comment:

Michelle said...

very cool, haven't heard from you in a while. Send me an email. :)