Saturday, April 25, 2009

Do the Dew in Uganda

For those of you who know me well, you know that I love Mt. Dew. Before I left I was drinking all I could because Mt. Dew has not been a beverage option in e. Africa. Well...to my surprise on the drive from the airport to our guest house I saw a billboard advertisement for Mt. Dew. I looked over at the taxi driver in shock and said, "You have Mt. Dew in Uganda now?" He said that it came in Dec. Part of me was excited, but then I was also like, I guess I didn't need to drink so much of it before I left. So last night when I went out to dinner with my teammates I had my first glass bottle Mt. Dew experience. And...I was a little disappointed. It tastes nothing like our Mt. Dew. It kind of tastes like a mix of Sprite and Squirt. Definitely not as sweet. So I guess it was good I drank a lot before leaving the states after all. It's funny though to think of the things that you begin to find over here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL THAT FIGURES ABOUT THE MT. DEW. thanks for writing everything. You sound like you are feeling right back at home. How is Amina doing?