Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off to Sudan I Go

My Time in Kampala has been good. I feel like a lot has been accomplished. I had some good time with old friends and new teammates. But now I am VERY ready to get on a plane and head to Mundri, s. Sudan. It is about 6am in the morning as I write this. I am sitting in the common room at the guest house looking at piles of our stuff sorted by what is going today and what will have to wait until next week. Today we are only allowed about 30lbs of luggage apiece. My luggage is more than 6 times the weight allowance. But for now I have the bare necessities just to get me by until the rest arrives. The flight is about 3 hours, so sometime while you are sleeping I will be landing on the Mundri airstrip. I look forward to sharing my adjustment stories with you soon.

1 comment:

The Nelsons said...

hey Kim, you should be in Sudan now so Welcome Home :o) I am excited to continue to read your updates on adjusting to life in a new culture and environment!