Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Link Tag

With the schools still closed children spend long days at home either helping with daily tasks or sitting around trying to find ways to entertain themselves. A week or so ago I decided to start learning how to teach different games in Moru so that I can go around the neighborhood and interact with the local kids. Last week I taught different groups of kids how to play Simon Says. Yesterday, along with Acacia Masso, and Libby (one of our visitors), I taught our neighborhood children how to play link tag. After repeating myself a few times and using Acacia to demonstrate, the children seemed to get the hang of it. If children got confused we would just yell mimu (you run) or minjo ndana (you chase him/her. There was lots of sliding and gasping, and loads of laughter as children raced around.




1 comment:

The Nelsons said...

Sounds like a blast!!